Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy Clown Flowers: The Most Embarassing Job on the Planet or a Reduced Sentence in Purgatory?



One very beautiful past future day, I was walking around my Blade Runner-esque city with a blinding hangover. I'm not proud of it, I just want you to realize how I was feeling when I saw the sight that bicycled past me.

A man in full clown gear in the heat of August delivering flowers dodging traffic sauntered by me looking sad and sweaty.

As he whizzed by on his clown bicycle, I was trying to think how I would explain this sight to anyone. I made up a song that day. It was a very sad song about the trials of a lonely clown in big, big city forced to deliver "Happy Clown Flowers" in dripping face paint and silly, over-sized clown shoes.

Fast forward 6 months into my future and further into yours, I was walking to work when I saw something akin to seeing the Yeti. I spotted the Happy Clown Flowers clown again (I will pretend it was the same man).

The world seemed in slow motion as I reached for my camera and he looked at me as if to say "Hey man, look at me! I'm dressed as a dang clown. And now you gotta be snapping photos of me, probably to put on your blog about living in the future."

I don't know how we read one another so completely.

As elusive as Yeti, his pose was remarkably similar.





I'll never forget about you Happy Clown Flowers clown.

No comments: