Thursday, November 13, 2008

"Looka, Looka! Sir, You Want Buy Shirt?!"



In the future, there is a wall and it's a damn fine wall. The Great Wall is indeed a wall of great proportions. I've seen the Eastern most section, which borders the Yellow Sea, in the never to be returned to city of Qinhuangdao and now I've seen Simatai. It's unrestored and is pretty much left how the Ming Dynasty built it. The only thing changed is that some of its stones have been plundered by local farmers. I asked a Mongolian man what they do with the rocks they steal and he said, "they're for throwing". I know that's one of my favorite uses of stones.



The hike was a lot more difficult than I thought. It was steep and it made me want to drink a beer. Like all good hikes.



And to set the record straight, it cannot be seen from space.

No comments: